Monday, November 26, 2012

Rambling Mumbling

I am awake for twenty hours now, without any pressing reason. For the last couple of days, I had been studying at night and sleeping by day. I discovered that night is quieter than day, so much so that the daybreak makes it very hard for me to concentrate. I am studying research articles on usable authentication. In the beginning it took between two and four hours to read one research paper and I could not finish reading more than two papers between sleeps and the sleeps were lengthy. I thought this would continue and I would not be able to read more than a small fraction of the important papers in the field. Couple of days later I found out that the related works section of the papers were mostly known to me and that there was a pattern in which they organized the papers. Even the experiments, user study, hypothesis test, and security analysis seemed to reveal some patterns. I found majority of the words in the papers do not bring any news to me. I could glean a lot of information only by looking at the pictures, graphs, and tables and just by musing about them by myself. As a result, I can read most papers rather quickly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment