Sunday, July 18, 2010

Confession

During my undergrad, I had been (foolishly) caught up with my adolescent love, the idea of studying Physics. The idea that somehow at the end I will be studying String Theory never left my mind. I started studying things in Computer Science at a very late stage and failed to pull up much by the end. I thought it would be better to work in a software farm to learn something about coding in big projects which I severely lacked by then. I guess that was not a bad idea. I always looked at PhD as a period during which I could be as creative as I wish. Yet thinking about the gaps and delays along my way, I was not at all initiated to pursue a PhD. I was thinking about doing some other kind of creative work, e.g., writing seriously or even working for a theatre. Meanwhile, I registered and appeared for GRE and TOEFL almost out of whim of the vogue. And in between GRE and TOEFL, I approached an offer for PhD, without giving much thoughts to what actually I would be doing. In retrospect, I made many thoughtless decisions. I don't want to get a PhD as a respected degree only, I want to completely lose myself in something great. For now, I don't see much future to that end, so I have decided to stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment